Skip to main content Skip to navigation
Washington State University


Location: Clark Hall, Room 287
Contact Person for Questions or Problems: Beth Toerne, Clark Hall, Room 287, 5-8632


Travel Authorization

It is necessary to file a travel authorization document (TA) for University business that takes you outside of the Pullman area.  In order to process the request and obtain necessary signatures, the University suggests that TAs be filed at least two weeks in advance of the trip. A TA is needed whether or not you are traveling on University funds. TAs are also required when visitors are brought to WSU using University funds. There are special requirements for foreign visitors and WSU employees who will be visiting foreign countries.  Please see Beth Toerne for more information.

Travel Expense Voucher

A Travel Expense Voucher (TEV) will be completed to declare and/or recover costs associated with a University-sponsored trip. The University requires receipts for all lodging, car rentals, airfares, etc. Meals are reimbursed to a maximum amount per meal, depending on the location. For information regarding per diem meal and lodging rates, TEVs, or any other travel question please see Beth Toerne.

Instructions for Conference Registration – What to do and when.

Instructions for Travel  – Airfare, rental cars and reimbursements

Travel Expense Worksheet – a guide to claiming your reimbursement