Contact Mary Kittelson, Clark Hall, Room 299, 5-0586 for assistance.
Radioactive supplies are ordered using the same procedures as ordinary purchases, however, the order must be approved by Radiation Safety.
Radioactivity Safety Notes:
- All personnel who work with radioactive material are required to complete the WSU Radiation Safety Course.
- Be aware of the effect on your body of the isotope and the procedures you are using.
- Always wear your permanently assigned dosimeter when exposed to radiation.
- Always wear the correct protective clothing and other required equipment.
- Always decontaminate your work area when you are finished for the day. Then do a swipe survey of your area to ensure you have properly decontaminated.
- Keep your exposure level as low as possible.
- Report accidents promptly to the radiation safety officer.
- Dispose of radioactive material properly.