Location: Blank forms are in Clark Hall, Room 291.
Contact Person for Questions or Problems: Mary Kittelson, Clark Hall, Room 299, 5-0586, for purchase orders and Central Stores orders.
All supplies and equipment are ordered using a blue order form found on the table in Room 291. Please give your vendor and your Central Stores orders to Mary Kittelson for processing. Rush orders should be submitted as early as possible.
Placing an Order with an Outside Vendor
Orders are usually faxed the day they are submitted. To place a supply order, complete the BLUE General Order Form. Use the ORANGE Equipment Order Form to order equipment. Either form will require the following information:
1. Identify the name and address of the vendor.
2. Identify the phone number of the vendor.
3. IMPORTANT: Identify the fax number of the vendor.
4. Listing a vendor contact is helpful, but not necessary. If you deal with a particular sales rep, please include their name.
5. If you have a customer number, please include it.
6. Identify if the order is a RUSH, and indicate the exact date the item(s) is needed. We will make every effort to place RUSH orders first.
7. EVERY form must be dated.
8. Enter the last name of the Principal Investigator for whom you work.
9. Enter the grant account number to which this order should be charged. Please refer to the list of account numbers for your lab. Your order will be delayed if you do not give us an account number. If you have any questions about which account number to use, please check with your Pl or lab coordinator.
10. Enter your name and phone number on this line.
11. Please complete the ordering information in detail, and note any special circumstances (discounts or credits, quotes and quote numbers, etc.). If you have been provided with a written quote, please provide a copy.
12. If you are using matching funds to purchase equipment or supplies, please indicate this by checking the cost-sharing box at the bottom. If you have questions about this, please see Mark Kittelson or Jeff Bowman.
13. The ORANGE form used to order equipment must be signed by the appropriate faculty member where indicated.
14. A copy of your completed order will be placed in your mailbox.
Credit Card Purchases
IBC has a credit card that can be used by the office staff to purchase items that cannot be purchased using a departmental Purchase Order (i.e., purchases made over the Internet). Please complete a blue or orange order form and take it, along with any other pertinent ordering information (web page address, etc.), to Kalyn Spens or Mary Kittelson for processing. You are responsible for obtaining and submitting a detailed invoice for your purchase.
Placing a Gas Order
To place an order, complete the GREEN Gas Order Form and submit to Mary Kittelson. Gases are delivered weekly on Thursdays. Be sure to include the room number where the gas should be delivered, and the appropriate blanket number from your list of accounts.
Placing a Chemical Order with Central Stores
To order chemicals from Central Stores, complete the PINK Chemical Stores Order Form and submit to Mary Kittelson. Deliveries are made on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Be sure to include the room number where the order should be delivered and the appropriate blanket number from your list of lab accounts.
To Order Any Other Supplies from Central Stores
To order supplies from Central Stores, complete the LIGHT PURPLE Central Stores Order Form and submit to Mary Kittelson. Deliveries are made daily. Be sure to include the room number where the delivery should be made and the appropriate blanket account number from your list of lab accounts.